DEIS – Delivering Equality of Opportunity in Schools
The value of DEIS to our school and our students is enormous in terms of additional investment in terms of infrastructure, resources, special initiatives and staffing. Our plan in delivering educational excellence for our students is about building on the success stories we have had in educational provision and in tackling educational disadvantage.
Some of the provisions of the scheme are listed below:
- Home School Community Liaison Service – providing a link between home school and community.
- Enhanced Guidance Provision for students – to assist in subject and career choice.
- Enhanced Teacher Allocation to school.
- Included in the South Mayo School Completion Programme.
- Junior Certificate Schools Programme
- Eligible for H.E.A.R. Higher Education Access Route Scheme which enables students from disadvantaged backgrounds to gain access to third level courses in universities through the Direct Application Route
Further information on DEIS is available on the Department of Education website: www.education.ie